Business Operations Manager
Primary Function: Under the direction of the Executive Director is responsible for managing the business operations of the Benedict XVI Institute.
This person will also manage other employees as necessary. This is an in-person position, four days a week working out of the Chancery. Examples of some of the individual’s responsibilities are as follows:
- Perform as a lay minister in support of the diocese’s spiritual and pastoral mission; perform as both a spiritual and administrative leader.
- Set an example for employees by personal adherence to and compliance with personnel policies and procedures and by personal adherence to Catholic Doctrine and Catholic principles of morality.
- Manage the business, administrative, and financial affairs of the Benedict XVI Institute in conjunction with accounting, the Executive Director to include budgeting and planning, and management of income and expenses.
- Assist the Director of Mission Advancement with development including donor research, thanking donors, serving as event-planner for public events and fundraising dinners/receptions working the Director of Mission Advancement.
- Attend all Benedict XVI Institute events online and in person.
- Craft copy for Eventbrite marketing and assist with weekly newsletters.
- Copy edit for typos in all Benedict XVI Institute publications.
- Responsible for managing Benedict XVI Institute events both online and in person.
- Supervise the preparation of reports, profit & loss, and other financial statements
- Ensure compliance with applicable Personnel Policies and Practices, and ensure employees are appropriately managed; provide education and training to employees as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift as required in a normal office environment.
- Walking, sitting standing, stooping, reaching, talking, handling, hearing, and carrying.
The person must be able to do the following:
- Employ flexibility; be a team player and be self-motivated; possess good people management skills; be open to taking direction.
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work with a sense of urgency.
- Exercise courtesy to fellow employees, parishioners and the general public.
- Five years of administrative management experience
- A bachelor’s degree in business or public administration or equivalent experience
- Proven success as a first-line manager in a medium to large firm or Catholic parish or other organization
- General computer skills including word-processing and spreadsheet preparation
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Experience working the ADP preferred.
- Confident in learning new tech apps and platforms as needed
Other: Bilingual preferred (English-Spanish); ability to read and write proficiently
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, completed application, and any letters of recommendation or other documents to:
Human Resources Manager at the Archdiocese of San Francisco
One Peter Yorke Way, San Francisco, CA 94109
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com