Rice Bowl grants awarded to groups throughout Archdiocese
This year a total of nine parishes and organizations have been awarded Rice Bowl grants to help with the work of hunger alleviation. The grants will be supporting food pantries, St. Vincent de Paul groups, and other food distribution programs throughout the Archdiocese.
The recipients of these funds are:
- St. Benedict Parish at St. Francis Xavier Church (San Francisco)
- St. Francis Center of Redwood City
- St. Vincent de Paul Society, Church of the Epiphany (San Francisco)
- St. Vincent de Paul Society, Holy Angels Conference (Colma)
- St. Vincent de Paul Society, Nativity Conference (Menlo Park)
- St. Vincent de Paul Society, St. Dunstan Conference (Millbrae)
- St. Vincent de Paul Society, St. Matthew Conference (San Mateo)
- St. Vincent de Paul Society, St. Rita Conference (Fairfax)
- “The Center” for Immigration Legal and Social Services (San Mateo)
These organizations tirelessly serve our communities and have been there throughout the additional challenges of the pandemic, as needs have only grown.
The funds for these grants come from the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Rice Bowl project, which takes place each year during Lent. Each year 25 percent of the funds collected remain local to support programs addressing poverty and food insecurity.
We hope that these funds strengthen the good work being done by the faithful of the Archdiocese.
Get Catholic San Francisco Magazine delivered to your home for free.
Celebrating the adventure of religious life at Mass for Consecrated Life
Catholic high schools offer community in faith
Former St. Gregory pastor Cardinal McElroy celebrates parish’s anniversary