Archdiocese of San Francisco - Office of the Vicar for Clergy
Position Title: Administrative Assistant Department
Location: Office of the Vicar for Clergy/Chancery
Part-time position with growth opportunity
We are seeking a professional, friendly, positive person to work as an Administrative Assistant with our team to support all clergy within the boundaries of the Archdiocese of San Francisco. You will be responsible for providing a wide range of administrative support to the entire office including the Office of the Auxiliary Bishop Emeritus, Office of the Ongoing Formation and the Archbishop’s Office.
Answer and direct multiple incoming calls (3 lines) in a professional and courteous manner.
Perform clerical duties (file, order office supplies), administrative, and special projects.
Coordinate meetings (reservations, meals and/or refreshments, handouts, audio visual needs) Assist with the planning and execution of internal events
Copy, scan, and save documents to the document management system. Maintain Clergy database
Process invoices and expenses. Process incoming and outgoing mail.
Generate and manipulate Xcel spreadsheets Coordinate and manage Visiting clergy compliance
– Ability to maintain confidentiality
– Ability to handle difficult situations with discretion, tact, and diplomacy Strong Customer Service focus.
– Communication proficiency (oral and written) Excellent organizational skills.
– Time management skills
– Ability to take initiative.
– Interest in learning new techniques and technology.
– Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others Good record-keeping skills.
– Attentive to details.
– Ability to respond to changing priorities
– Ability to operate office equipment.
– Ability to work independently and follow instructions Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize Ability to work in a high pace environment.
– Ability to perform clerical tasks quickly and with a high degree of accuracy Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
– Commitment to professional growth and development Have curiosity and creativity
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
– Knowledge or interest in learning VIRTUS, Survey Monkey, Formsite and other software Ability and interest in taking on additional responsibilities
Job Type: Part-time with growth for advancement to Full-time employment Pay: Based on experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Schedule: 7.5 hour day shift. 3 days a week or 22.5 hour work week.
To Apply: Please submit your application, resume, and cover to:
Department of Human Resources Archdiocese of San Francisco
1 Peter Yorke Way, San Francisco, CA 94109
Statement of Non-discrimination
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, all employees of the Archdiocese of San Francisco shall be employed without regard to race, color, sex, ethnic or national origin and will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org